The Windows 10 Photos app crashes with File system error (Solved), is a big issue for Windows 10 users. The Windows 10 Photos app crashes with File system error (Solved) is a major bug in Windows 10 version 1803 which was fixed by Microsoft in Windows 10 version 1809. There are two ways to fix Windows 10 Photos app crashing with File system error (Solved): method 1 and method 2.
If you are facing this issue then we can help you with this. We have found the solution that will help you to solve this issue. Solution for this is simple that you have to check the space in your Windows 10 machine.
Last modified: 9. May 2021 Author:-dev D Filed under: Like, Windows.
Sometimes when you try to open an image (.jpg .png .gif and so on) in the Photos app in Windows 10, you may get a file system error (-2147219195). Many Windows 10 users are reporting that the Microsoft Photos app is crashing with a file system error and they cannot view the image. The most common cause of file system error (-2147219195) is a problem with the Microsoft Photos application or the file you are trying to open is corrupted.
On the other hand, if you are unable to open the Photos app in Windows 10, if the Photos app doesn’t work or just freezes, with or without file system errors, use the solutions below.
- How to solve the file system error in the photo application?
- Restore default libraries
- Updating the application Pictures
- Using the Windows Store app Troubleshooting
- Photo repair kit
- Reinstalling Microsoft Photos
- Run the chkdsk command
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to solve the file system error in the photo application?
Restart the computer and see if the problem is resolved.
Also check the Windows Update section. If updates are available, install them on the system.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings,
- Go to Update & Security, and then click Check for Updates,
- Allows you to download and install the latest Windows updates. You must restart the computer to apply them.
Restore default libraries
Restoring default libraries helps most Windows users to resolve the situation when a file system error occurs while opening the Photos application.
- Open the Windows Explorer with Windows + E.
- Click on the Libraries folder in the left pane of the window.
- Now right click on the images and select Properties.
- Finally, click Restore Defaults and follow the on-screen instructions to restore the default libraries.
- Restart the computer and see if the problem persists.
alt=restore default libraries width=807 height=602 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Windows-10-Photos-app-crashing-with-File-system-error-Solved.jpg />
Updating the application Pictures
Also, make sure you have the latest version of Microsoft Photos installed on your Windows computer.
- Start Microsoft Store on your computer,
- Select View Details -> Downloads and Updates -> Get Updates.
alt=update photo app width=917 height=462 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1620570023_838_Windows-10-Photos-app-crashing-with-File-system-error-Solved.jpg />
Using the Windows Store app Troubleshooting
Run the built-in Windows Store app troubleshooting tool to identify and fix some minor issues that may cause a file system error when opening the Photos app on Windows 10.
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings application,
- Go to Update & Security, then to Troubleshoot,
- Click on the Additional Troubleshooting Tool link,
- Find the Windows Store, select it, and then click Run Troubleshooter,
- Follow the instructions on the troubleshooting screen and restart the PC.
Now try to open an image and check that there are no file system errors in the Photos application.
Photo repair kit
The Photos application on your computer may be faulty. Try repairing or reloading the Photos app on Windows 10 to fix the problem with the app.
- Press Windows key + X, select Apps and features,
- Find a photo, select it and then click on the Advanced Settings link,
- Scroll down a bit and click on Restore. This will automatically restore the Photos app and hopefully fix the Windows 10 Photos app file system error.
- There is also a reset button, click it to reset the application settings to their default values. (Note: this action deletes the data from the application).
Reinstalling Microsoft Photos
Unsolved problem, file system error when opening image files in the Photos application? The only solution is to reinstall the Photos app on Windows 10.
- Open Powershell as administrator
- Run the get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage command to remove the Photos application.
- Message: If the Photos application has not been uninstalled, run the Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers command.
- Scroll down and find the Microsoft.Windows.Photos item (for convenience, right-click on the PowerShell title bar, select Edit, click Search, type Photos, then click Search Next).
- Select PackageFullName (see image below) and then use the Ctrl + C key combination to copy it.
alt=Uninstall Photos width=819 height=479 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1620570024_840_Windows-10-Photos-app-crashing-with-File-system-error-Solved.jpg />
- Now run the following command to delete the Photos application
- remove-AppxPackage PackageFullName
- Message: Replace packagefullName by PackageFullName of the copied Photos application
- Then restart your computer and reinstall the photos from the Microsoft Store.
alt=photos app download width=737 height=337 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Windows-10-Photos-app-crashing-with-File-system-error-Solved.png />
Run the chkdsk command
The file system is related to the hard drive, checking the errors on the hard drive can also help in resolving the file system error in Windows 10. If all the above solutions do not solve the problem, try running the chkdsk command using the following steps.
- Open a command prompt as administrator,
- Type chkdsk C: /f /r and press Enter,
- Type Y and press Enter when prompted to run a scheduled disk check for errors on the next boot,
- Close the command line and restart the computer.
alt=Perform Disk Check in Windows 10 width=613 height=303 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1620570027_443_Windows-10-Photos-app-crashing-with-File-system-error-Solved.jpg />
Also run the sfc /scannow system file verification command, which locates damaged and missing system files and replaces them with the correct files. This helps when a corrupted system file prevents you from opening the Photos app or causes it to crash in Windows 10.
Also read :
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about ms-settings file system error (-2147219196) and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix file system error when opening Windows Photo app?
Error -2147219195 occurs in Windows 10 when the Photo app fails to start. This issue is characterized by the app crashing when you try to open it. As the error name implies, the root cause of the problem is a corrupted file system. The ISO is the file system that stores the Windows operating system. If this file system is corrupted, the app will crash and display an error message. If you have recently been notified that “Windows Photo app” is not working correctly, it might be due to a file system error. There are a few things that you can do to fix the file system error in Windows Photo app and get it up and running again. The most common cause of the “Windows Photo app” is a problem with how the “Windows Photo app” is registered in the Windows 8 operating system. If you want to fix this problem you will have to do the following: 1. Right click on “Windows Photo app” in the Start menu and click on “Open file location”. 2. In the location to which the application opens,
How do I fix Photos app crashing on Windows 10?
If you’re on Windows 10, you’re probably already well aware that Windows 10 seems to be a magnet for technical issues, and the Photos app is no exception. In fact, the Photos app crashing is one of the most common issues Windows 10 users are reporting. However, there are several ways to fix this problem. The first two solutions are the easiest, but you should be aware that there is a third (and probably more permanent) solution. Windows 10’s new Photos app is a great way to manage and view your image files, but it’s not without its flaws. Some users have reported experiencing problems with the app, including crashes and error messages like “Couldn’t load file or assembly Photos, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.” Others have found that the app won’t load images, or that it won’t save changes made to metadata. It’s worth noting that different users have reported different problems, which means that there isn’t one fix to rule them all; the problem you’re experiencing may be different from the ones you read about here.
What causes file system error (- 2147219196?
The best way to fix an error code (-2147219196) is to uninstall the program that is causing it and reinstall it with the latest patch. You can do this by going to the Control Panel and clicking the Add/Remove Programs icon under the Programs section. By right clicking the program in question and choosing uninstall, you will be able to remove it, and then reinstall it. The file system error (-2147219196) is caused by a system error. This error may occur due to a network error or a system error. If you use a computer on a network, check that the network is functioning properly. If you use a computer on a Windows Server domain, check that the server is functioning properly. If you use a computer on a network, check that the network is functioning properly. If you use a computer on a Windows Server domain, check that the server is functioning properly.
Feedback,ms-settings file system error (-2147219196)file system error (-805305975)file system error (-2147219194)windows 10 file system errorhow to fix file system error (-2147416359)how to fix file system error (-2147219195),People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,1:45How To Fix File System Error (-2147416359 ) Photos App Error …TECH TUBEYouTube – May 16, 2020,1:45,How To Fix File System Error (-2147416359 ) Photos App Error …,TECH TUBEYouTube – May 16, 2020,TECH TUBE,YouTube – May 16, 2020,1:32How to Fix File System Error (-2147416359) in Windows 10 | Simple …Tuto2Info VideosYouTube – Mar 19, 2019,1:32,How to Fix File System Error (-2147416359) in Windows 10 | Simple …,Tuto2Info VideosYouTube – Mar 19, 2019,Tuto2Info Videos,YouTube – Mar 19, 2019,0:45File system error (-2147416359) in Windows 10 FixThe Geek PageYouTube – Dec 23, 2020,0:45,File system error (-2147416359) in Windows 10 Fix,The Geek PageYouTube – Dec 23, 2020,The Geek Page,YouTube – Dec 23, 2020,See more,how to fix file system error (-2147219195),file system error (-2147219196) windows 10,file system error (-2147219195) photos windows 10,ms-settings file system error (-2147219196),file system error (-805305975),file system error (-2147219194),windows 10 file system error