This is a troubleshooting tutorial for Windows users who are experiencing issues with the Direct3D: Windows Forward-Facing Function (WFF). This tutorial will help you fix issues such as the DLL or the WFF not loading properly, errors related to the WFF, corrupted registry and issues with the DLL injection.
It is always a good idea to backup your important data before doing a factory reset or flashing a ROM. If you did not backup your important data, the new ROM will not be usable without restoring those data, which can be time consuming and a hassle. So, here is the solution so you can avoid the hassle of restoring data after updating your ROM: Backup all your important data before doing a factory reset or flashing a ROM. Then you don’t have to worry about restoring your important data.RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Sometimes the error message Something wrong when loading the DC-WFF.dll appears every time you start your Windows computer. What is it and how can I fix it? Well, DC_WFF.dll is part of TWCU (short for TP-LINK Wireless Configuration Utility).
The message dc_wff.dll could not be loaded is a somewhat annoying error, but fortunately there are a few ways to fix it. Follow these solutions one by one until you find the one that works for you.
Table Of Content
What causes the error message Something wrong when loading DC-WFF.dll?
DC-WFF.DLL may not load if the file is not properly registered in a Windows environment. Incorrect installation of conflicting applications (e.g. TP-Link) may also be the cause of the current problem.
Some users have reported that this problem is due to improper installation of the TP-Link application or driver. In this case, the problem can be solved by reinstalling the TP-Link application and its driver.
How to troubleshoot Something goes wrong while loading the DC-WFF.dll?
July 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility repairs common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this program you can quickly solve PC problems and prevent further problems:
- Step 1: Download the PC recovery and optimization tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click Start Scan to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing problems with your PC.
- Step Three: Click Repair All to fix all issues.
New DC-WFF registration
The DLL file is used by a third-party application, and the DC WFF file download error indicates that the files may be damaged or outdated.
- Press the Windows key and type -> Command Prompt in the search bar.
- In the result that appears, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator (if the UAC prompts you to do so, click Yes).
- On the command line, run the following command to unregister the file.
regsvr32 /u dc_wff.dll
- To save the file now -> execute the following command
regsvr32 /I dc_wff.dll
- Finally, exit the command line -> restart the system.
After restarting the system, check if the error Something wrong when loading the dc_wff.dll is fixed.
Reinstall TP-Link application and driver
- Right-click on the Windows key -> Open applications and functions.
- Then expand TP-Link Wireless Configuration Utility (or any other TP-Link application) -> click Uninstall.
- Then confirm Uninstall -> and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the TP-Link application.
- Then restart the system and check if dc_wff.dll has been recovered.
- If so, try downloading and installing just the driver to see if the error dc_wff.dll returns.
If the error dc_wff.dll continues to occur, it is possible that one of the applications installed on your system is interfering with the PC startup elements.
- Press the Windows key + the R key -> and type Ru -> services.msc -> Enter in the dialog box.
- In the window that appears -> go to Services.
- Then check the Hide all Microsoft services box at the bottom left and click Disable all.
- Now go to the Start tab -> click on Open Task Manager.
- A new dialog box appears -> click on each item individually -> at the bottom -> click Disable for each item.
- Then close Task Manager -> msconfig tab Start -> OK -> restart the computer.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions