Forza Horizon 4 is an Xbox Play Anywhere title that supports crossplay with Windows 10 PC. As you know, Forza Horizon 4 is an Xbox Play Anywhere title so it can be played on Xbox One, which is required to log into the game’s online servers. Unfortunately, the title does not support crossplay between Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, which is something that many people have been asking for.
Forza Horizon 4 is one of the most successful racing games to date. Released on October 2, 2018, it was praised for its stunning visual fidelity, diverse and beautiful roster of cars, and its vast open world to explore. As a result, many of the game’s online servers became clogged during launch week, and players began reporting intermittent issues, such as not being able to connect to the game.
Vlad ConstantinescuVPN expert and privacy advocate
Vlad may have a degree in animal husbandry and breeding, but he currently does everything from testing software to writing thorough software reviews. He spent three or four years as a… Read more
Updated: July 6, 2021
Published: December 2020
- It’s a great racing game, but many people are complaining that they can’t play Forza Horizon 4 online on their PC.
- Reinstalling the Teredo adapter can stop these problems, so give it a try.
- The Windows Defender firewall, or lack thereof, may be causing the problem, so check that.
- Some users have even reported problems with the game on Windows 11 due to driver issues.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which features patented technology (the patent is available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Forza Horizon 4 is an exciting racing game for Windows 10 and Xbox One.
This does not mean it can take precedence over technical issues (pun intended).
Like other games, Forza Horizon 4 has its share of problems.
For example, some users have complained that they can’t play multiplayer races in Forza Horizon 4 on Windows.
I’ve been playing for four or five days now, but I’ve never been able to connect to the network. When I try to connect to Horizon Life, the download text appears at the top of the screen.
YTub CadGamings on the ForzaMotorSport forum
Forza Horizon 4 is an Xbox Live multiplayer game and requires a Teredo IPsec connection if you want to play over the network.
Therefore, players may not be able to play the game if something goes wrong with the Teredo adapter.
That said, it’s safe to assume that a Teredo connection repair could fix Forza Horizon 4’s multiplayer mode. See our suggestions to solve this problem.
- How to fix Forza Horizon 4 multiplayer
- 1. Reinstall Teredo adapter
- 2. Check your firewall
- 4. Disabling or deleting your VPN
- 5. Activate IP helpdesk
- 6. Enable Xbox Live Networking/ Xbox Live Auth Manager services
- Forza Horizon 4 does not work on Windows 11 for some users
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to fix Forza Horizon 4 multiplayer
1. Reinstall Teredo adapter
- Type the command in Windows Search and click Run as Administrator to run the command prompt with full privileges.
- Type the following command and press Enter to execute: netsh interface Teredo set state disable
- Use the Windows + X key combination on the keyboard and select Device Manager.
- Click View and select Show hidden devices.
- Expand the Network adapters category.
- Right click on a Teredo adapter and select Uninstall.
- Restart the computer after removing the adapter.
- Open the command prompt that was called again.
- Type the following command and press Enter: netsh interface Teredo set state type=default
Reinstalling the Teredo adapter may be the key to solving this problem quickly, so follow the steps above.
2. Check your firewall
2.1 Enabling the Windows Defender Firewall
- In the new window, make sure that the Windows Defender firewall is enabled.
- If for some reason this is not the case, click the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option.
- Activate the Windows Defender Firewall in the following windows.
- Restart your Windows computer.
- See if you can play Forza Horizon 4 online.
The Windows Defender firewall can sometimes interfere with multiplayer games. For this reason, many players disable the firewall so that it does not interfere with or limit their gaming experience.
However, Teredo’s IPsec connection requires that the Windows Defender firewall be enabled.
Some Forza Horizon 4 players have even confirmed that the addition of WDF has improved the game’s multiplayer.
Therefore, make sure that Windows Defender firewall is enabled. Follow the steps described above to do this.
Speaking of the Windows firewall: There is one more thing you can do to ensure maximum efficiency.
2.2 Resetting the Windows Defender firewall policy to the default values
- Start the command prompt with administrator privileges as described in the first solution.
- Type the following command and press Enter: netsh advfirewall set currentprofile firewallpolicy blockinbound,allowoutbound
- Restart your computer
Resetting the default Windows Defender firewall policy also seems to work, follow the steps above to do this.
4. Disabling or deleting your VPN
- In Windows 10, right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Select the View tab and select Show hidden devices.
- Double-click on the Network adapters category.
- Right-click on the TAP VPN adapter.
- Choose Uninstall.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer after removing the adapter.
Connected VPNs can also play an important role in blocking multiplayer connections in Forza Horizon 4. Therefore, you need to make sure that you disable VPN clients, at least until they can no longer interfere.
If you don’t notice any improvement after disabling the VPN, you may need to remove it completely, along with the network card.
This will ensure that your VPN and its network adapters do not block Tereda. Follow the above steps to remove the VPN network adapter in Windows 10.
5. Activate IP helpdesk
- Double-click on the IP Helper service.
- Select Automatic from the Startup Type drop-down menu.
- Click OK to close the window.
IP Helper is one of the mandatory services for Xbox Live. Forza Horizon 4’s multiplayer mode won’t work if the service isn’t enabled.
You can easily check that the IP Helper service is enabled by following the steps above.
6. Enable Xbox Live Networking/ Xbox Live Auth Manager services
You can activate these services in the same way as IP Helper (solution 5).
However, instead of Automatic, you should select Manual start for both services.
Forza Horizon 4 does not work on Windows 11 for some users
After the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build update, some users on the Microsoft Answers site complained that Forza Horizon stopped working :
I am playing Forza Horizon 4, but the error code graphics card does not support DX12 is displayed at startup. (code: FH501)
I’m pretty sure I have a card with DX12 support. I work with the latest pilots. It worked fine on Windows 10.
My older brother thought the game could read the wrong values. I don’t know if it’s a Windows problem or an AMD problem.
We don’t have a solution yet, but this problem is almost certainly due to driver compatibility issues with the new operating system. If you are experiencing this problem, try updating your graphics card drivers.
If you cannot download new drivers, you should wait for new drivers from the manufacturers. After all, Windows 11 is a new operating system, and the Insider Preview is primarily for testing purposes.
All in all, there are several ways to fix Forza Horizon 4 for multiplayer. We recommend that you perform the troubleshooting methods we suggest in order and not skip any of them.
The ones you missed can be the trigger to develop your game’s networking capabilities.
Keep in mind that it’s usually necessary to fix the connection to the Xbox Live server in-game, which you can check under Settings and Network in the Xbox app.
If you have lag issues, you can solve them with one of the best VPNs for Forza Horizon 4 to enjoy limitless gameplay.
If you are experiencing other issues with Forza Horizon 4 on Windows 11 or solutions, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment in the section below.
Is there a problem? Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool with excellent reviews on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix problems with patented technology (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
Was this page helpful? 8
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussion
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Forza Horizon 4 online free on PC?
Yes, Forza Horizon 4 is available to play online for free on PC.
Can I play Forza Horizon 4 online?
Yes, you can play Forza Horizon 4 online with up to 12 players. What are the system requirements for Forza Horizon 4? Minimum: OS: Windows 10 Processor: Intel Core i3-4170 @ 3.7GHz Memory: 8 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 DirectX: Version 11 Recommended: OS: Windows 10 Processor: Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz Memory: 16 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 DirectX: Version 11 What is the recommended video card for Forza Horizon 4? NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 What is the recommended video card for Forza Horizon 4? NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Can I play Forza Horizon 4 on PC without game pass?
Yes, you can play Forza Horizon 4 on PC without game pass.
Feedback,forza horizon 4 online not working pcforza horizon 4 can't play online xboxforza horizon 4 online not working xboxforza horizon 4 can't join online xboxforza horizon 4 unable to join session pcforza horizon 4 can't connect online xbox,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,forza horizon 4 online not working pc,forza horizon 4 unable to join session pc,forza horizon 4 can't play online xbox,forza horizon 4 online not working xbox,forza horizon 4 can't connect online xbox,forza horizon 4 can't join online xbox,forza horizon 4 won't connect to online xbox,forza horizon 4 online not working xbox one